Summer is here, and it’s time to start thinking about staying cool. Unfortunately, with rising temperatures comes a rising electricity bill. By paying closer attention to your air conditioner, you can keep your home cool and your electricity bill low.
At 303 Heat, we have over 25 years of experience, and are here to help with AC replacement in Thornton, CO. Call us to consult a professional AC technician, or read on for tips on how to reduce your electricity bill with an air conditioner.
Choosing the Right AC System
A critical factor that has a major impact on your electricity bill is the air conditioning system you have in your home. There are a few significant factors to consider when choosing a new AC system, including:
- SEER rating: This is the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and measures the efficiency of your air conditioner. The higher the SEER rating, the more energy-efficient the system is. Look for a system with a SEER rating of at least 16.
- Size: Make sure you choose an air conditioner that’s the right size for your home. If the system is undersized, it will need to exert more effort to maintain your home’s coolness, which can result in higher energy costs. The system will cycle on and off more frequently if too large, leading to higher energy costs.
- Type: There are several types of air conditioners, including central AC, ductless mini-splits, and window ACs. Choose the type that’s right for your home and your needs.
Another critical factor that affects your electricity bill is the maintenance of your air conditioning system. Regular maintenance, cleaning, and tuning up your AC can help improve efficiency and reduce energy costs.
In addition If you need air conditioning repair in Westminster, CO, the experts at 303 Heat can help. With over 25 years of experience, they have the knowledge and expertise to keep your AC running smoothly and efficiently.
Making Simple Changes
In addition to choosing the right AC system and scheduling regular maintenance, you can make a few simple changes to reduce your electricity bill. These include:
- Using a programmable thermostat: This type of thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home based on a schedule, so you’re not cooling an empty house.
- Replacing air filters: Dirty air filters can reduce the efficiency of your AC and increase energy costs. Make sure to replace your air filters regularly, at least every three months, to ensure your system runs smoothly.
- Sealing air leaks: Air leaks in your home can let hot air in and cool air out, leading to higher energy costs. Make sure to seal any air leaks around windows, doors, and other areas to improve efficiency.
- Insulating your home: Adding insulation to your home can help keep it cool in the summer and warm in the winter, reducing the need for your air conditioner to run as much.
Get Professional Help Today!
Following these tips and tricks, you can reduce your electricity bill and keep your home cool and comfortable all season long. In addition If you need any HVAC repair in Thornton, CO, and surrounding areas, the experts at 303 Heat are here to help.
In addition with over 25 years of experience and 5-star reviews on Google and Facebook, you can trust that you’ll get the best service and solutions for your home.